Monday, March 13, 2017

Baptism!!

Steve is getting baptized!!! I'm so excited for him. He's a golden investigator! He is so ready and prepared for this gospel. He is making such big changes in his life and already seeing the blessings from them.

This week we set up an appointment with a potential investigator and when we went she wasn't there. Only her husband who didn't seem to be very thrilled about us coming. But we decided since we already were in the lock-out building we should knock on some doors. We went to where all the mailboxes were and looked at all of the last names. We picked some Chinese last names so Sister Ching could speak Mandarin, some African last names because they're usually pretty open, and then one German name because we felt like we should. So we start knocking on the doors and all of them either weren't interested or didn't answer the door. We had one apartment left, it was the German name. We knocked on the door and no one came, so we knocked again and we heard a shower turn off. Then this super nice girl in just a robe comes to the door and we apologized for making her get out of the shower and she said, "Oh no! I'm sorry it took me a minute to get to the door!" We asked her if we could show her a video about Jesus Christ and she said yes. So we showed her the "He Lives" video and she said it was a beautiful video and she really liked it. We told her that we were missionaries and we share messages about Christ's restored church and asked if she would be interested in learning more. She told us that she was raised Catholic but now is "spiritually athiest" but then she told us, "but you know, maybe at a different point in my life like if something tragic happens or something, you know things like that can change a person's heart." So we gave her some pamphlets, a Book of Mormon, and our card. Hopefully that was a good seed planted!

I feel like most of what we are doing in this area right now is planting seeds, but hopefully we will be able to find some more people to teach soon!

Anyway, I love this gospel. :) And I love you all. Have a good week!

Here's a picture of my super cool district

and Sister Ching and I with a recent convert, Hannah :)

Mom notes: Brooklyn wrote me a sweet letter this week answering several questions I had for her. One of them was about the weather. She said it snowed about 6 inches yesterday! It's cold again there, but it sounds like their weather is similar to Utah's with sunny days and cold days off and on during the spring. 

At the end of the letter she told me she loved me very much. Then added P.S. Look up "M.O.M." by National Tribute Band. :)  I did and it made me cry. Such a lovely tribute to missionary mothers everywhere. It's a beautiful song. She added that "The Hardest Thing I've Ever Had To Do" is a good one too. She said "both songs come on in the car pretty often (they are on a USB) and they always make me think of you." 

Words like that make me so proud of her growth on this mission. It's hard to have her gone, but wonderful to read messages like that and hear how much she loves and appreciates the support she gets from her family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment