Monday, September 11, 2017

"...so when can I get baptized?"

This week we saw July twice! The first time we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. This kid understood the Plan of Salvation better than anyone I've ever taught! We would start talking and he'd practically finish our sentences and teach us the rest!! It was amazing! He kept telling us that this is exactly what he wanted to learn. He said he's been praying to God asking questions and the Plan of Salvation answered so many of his questions! July is so prepared for the Gospel. At the end of the lesson we asked him what he feels like his next step in God's plan for him is and he said, "Baptism. I need to get baptized." We were speechless for a few seconds then he said, "....so when can I do that?" Hahaha we let him pick a date to have as his goal, and he chose October 8th. Something really cool is that 12 years ago I was baptized on October 8th! However, when we went back the second time, we taught his mom the Plan of Salvation and he did awesome helping us teach it to her! But then he told her that he wants to get baptized next month and she was really surprised and told him he's not ready yet.... but she thinks the Plan of Salvation is true too and we think as we teach her more and as July makes changes in his life that she can see, she will let him be baptized! We have a lot of hope for this family!

Well other than that, we have a lot of really awesome people we have started working with! God is blessing us so much here in St Paul!! I love you all! 

If you haven't noticed my recent activity on Facebook, our mission recently was approved the use Facebook to help more of God's children learn about the Gospel! If you're not friends with me, shoot me a request @ Brooklyn Hermansen! If you ever have any questions about anything I talk about in my emails, the gospel, or about Jesus Christ please send me an email or a message on Facebook! I would love to answer any questions you have!!

All of the missionaries with our investigator, Wah Tho. Such a cool lady!! 
(The couple are the Hurley's, senior missionaries and the little boy is a random photo bomber that Brooklyn didn't know! haha)


Martyr's Day
 

With Wah Tho

Happy girls! We found out Brooklyn's release date will be April 4th, about a month later than we expected, but she wishes she could stay even longer! haha 

I received a lovely card from Brooklyn on my birthday this past week. Besides the message she wrote in English, there was another paragraph at the top written in Karen. I had to wait until Pday to ask her what it said. She said, "It's not as cool when you know what it says, direct translation: Mom, I miss you so much. I love you so much. I say thanks to God for you. I say thanks to you for the help you give me in my life. I love you so much, Star Life Flower" 
It's amazing to me that those symbols actually say something, haha! It's also amazing what they can accomplish while serving a mission. It's such a short time to learn a new language so different from ours. They are obviously being blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment