Thursday, October 5, 2017

General Conference!

Hello everyone! We don't have much time to email today because we had Zone P-Day and it took up a lot of our time! Our zone is made up of three districts. Our Karen speaking district, a Spanish speaking district, and a Hmong speaking district. We had "Zone Olympics" and did a series of Minute-To-Win It type of games. The Spanish district won, but we came in second! It was super fun! 

Most of you probably know that General Conference was this past weekend! If you don't know what General Conference is, it's when we have the opportunity to listen to inspired servants of God tell us what God wants us to hear. It happens every 6 months, and it's awesome! They talk about the doctrines of Jesus Christ's gospel and lead us and guide us. I would encourage each of you to go to LDS.org and watch at least part of General Conference! After the things said in Conference, I have such a strong desire to try to be more Christlike. I want to constantly have a mindset of, "What would Jesus do in this situation?" "Or what would He say right now?" I know I will never even come close to how Jesus lived, but I want to try my best! I know that as we try to do what's right, follow the commandments, and actively be striving to be and do better, we will be blessed so much! 

I love you all so much! Sorry for the short email!

Brooklyn said this area did not even look like Minnesota, it reminded her of a different country. She also said she loves how green it is.

Cute Sister Hicks and Sister Hermansen

Their ward had a big lunch between conference sessions with all kinds of food. Brooklyn said this Pho was delicious! 

Zone Minute to Win it games

In this game Elder Evans was standing about ten feet away from Brooklyn and had to throw cheese puffs at her shaving cream covered shower cap! 

The following pictures are of Sister Hicks prepping for her first winter there! Brooklyn sent us a funny video and I took a few screen shots so I could put them on the blog. They've been told winter will be more harsh this year.....looks like they are ready for it! 



Mom notes:  Next Conference will be Brooklyn's last weekend in Minnesota! Just don't tell her that because I know she's feeling like time is going too fast and she has so much work to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment