Wednesday, November 15, 2017

WoWie

Helllllo! This week was good! Naw Mu, the lady I talked about in my last letter, came to church yesterday for the first time in mooonths! It was so good to see her making little changes to do what she knows is right! 

This week we taught our investigator Pa Kee the Word of Wisdom. It went super well! I don’t remember how much I’ve written about him, but he is the one that is living in one of our members houses and we met him through a different member. So long story short, a couple of months ago, before we had actually taught him, he made a bad decision to come to church a little drunk. Well... try to come to church... on the way there he got pulled over and because he didn’t speak English, he didn’t know how to do the little tests the cops have you do. So now he is being charged with a DWI and refusal to a sobriety test. His court date isn’t until November 25th, so we had to change his baptismal date of November 18th so we know what’s going to happen with all of that. But he understood the lesson on the Word of Wisdom super well. Probably because he is already seeing the negative things that come from alcohol hahaha. He has committed to stop drinking and stop using tobacco, so we will see how that goes! I know that if he is really committed, the Lord is going to bless him and strengthen him! I’m so grateful for the Word of Wisdom! I know that God gives us commandments to help us have the best life possible. I have seen enough people in my life affected by drugs and alcohol to know the negative effects of them. If any of you have problems with these things, I know God can help. I have seen people’s whole lives change from obeying this commandment. God promises us that if we obey this commandment, He will reveal great treasures of knowledge to us. If we do this, we will be better able to learn the things that God wants us to know and feel the Holy Ghost guiding us in our lives! 

Always remember how much God loves you. (Sorry, I was bad at taking pictures this week!)

Mom notes: Since Brooklyn didn't send any photos in her general email, I will include a couple she sent to us.
I think Brooklyn wants us to see how organized and clean their little study areas are! (so different from her study area while in high school! haha) I love all the girly touches on the walls and shelves! 
They put up their tree early this year! (I found out later this was not their tree!)
Credit for the following two pictures goes to Sis. Hicks. She sent them in her email this week.
I am extremely grateful and happy that they get along so well! Heavenly Father knew they would work together for such a long time compared to traditional missions and transfers. These two are so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment