Monday, May 8, 2017

Karen Moo's baptism!

Karen Moo got baptized on Saturday! It has been so cool to see her change. She has so much love for the gospel, it's amazing! She's so mature and wise for a 14 year old. Unfortunately Moo Eh didn't get baptized because her husband isn't very supportive right now. She has so much faith though. She told us, "Just like my parents weren't going to let Karen Moo get baptized, we prayed and God softened their hearts. We just need to pray that my husband's heart will be softened and God will answer our prayers." I know that God is a God of miracles, He will answer her prayers!

The Lice Project Update: Last P-Day we spent 7 hours trying to treat 3 people for lice. It was nuts. The members who asked us to help realized it's going to be a waaaay bigger project than they thought. That night Sister Fine and I couldn't sleep at all because we had been picking lice out of hair for so long, our brains were paranoid! I never thought I'd be doing this on my mission! Haha! 

I love the gospel so much! Being able to see it change people's lives every day, and feeling it changing my life, has been the greatest blessing for the past 8 months. I know that this is Jesus Christ's gospel restored to the earth. I know that the gospel will help and bless ALL who accept and live it. Jesus Christ is always waiting for us to let Him help us because He loves us so much!

 Sister Fine, the Elder's convert Hser Kee La, Karen Moo, Me, and Sister Heath (she served there before Brooklyn)

Sister Heath brought her companions to the baptism and had them wear some of her Karen clothes so it was fun to have 5 sisters all wearing Karen clothing!

Karen Moo's dad, Moo Eh, Karen Moo, and their mom.

My mom sent me a hammock stand so I could use my hammock in our apartment, I took down my bed and replaced it with my hammock! The best part is that I never have to make my bed!

Since the weather has been so nice we have been biking a little bit. This was the very first day we biked and we had just biked 6.5 miles, which shouldn't have been hard, but I am not in the kind of shape I should be hahaha gotta love biking in a dress. 

Mom notes: Brooklyn sent us a picture of a tiny 2 week old baby. I asked her if it was hard not being able to hold babies. (Missionaries aren't allowed to hold them for liability reasons) She said "I always say that's the hardest part of a mission. He started crying and his mom wasn't around so I had my hands under him bouncing him a little bit." It makes me sad Brooklyn won't be here to help Candice when Noelle is born in a few weeks. 

A picture from their "lice project". I'm used to seeing Brooklyn helping girls with their hair, but when I think about what they're doing it creeps me out a little. Good for them and I hope they have success!!!


She finally received her new name tag. They don't make them in Karen, so it's in Burmese. Closest language they can print them in. I'm hoping she will talk to us in Karen when we get to Skype with her this Mother's day. Counting down the days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment