Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day

Brooklyn didn't send out a general e-mail this week, so I'm going to write about Mother's Day and at the end include some of my letter from her. Face timing and Skype have got to be the best inventions ever for missionary mothers! What a wonderful blessing and the best Mother's Day gift to be able to talk to our Sister missionary, Brooklyn!!! Her smile, laughter and love filled our home as the cherished "phone call" session went on for an hour and a half. (Don't tell anyone! I think the handbook says it's suppose to be only 40 minutes). Everyone in our family except Eric and Kelly (It was Kelly's birthday and they were in Park City) had time to talk to her.


During the session she told us she'd been given ice cream 9 times that week! I don't think she was complaining. Almost as soon as she told us about it, a whole carton of ice cream with a spoon popped up beside her. The family whose house she was at brought her some more! hahaha

I made Brooklyn laugh by showing her my LOVE and support for Minnesota! I wore this shirt in honor of her!

We had google mapped her apartment building and she told us which room was hers. In the picture below it's on the third floor, third from the right with the aqua colored curtains. This is an old picture, she said the curtains are a different color now. 

Brooklyn and her companion, Sister Fine at an Asian Market.

Standing in front of the Mississippi River.

Brooklyn pretending this cat is Candice and Shane's new baby, Noelle. She's really bummed she won't be able to hold her as a newborn. She also found out she is allergic to cats after this! No more cat cuddling for her!

Here's a little of her letter to me:

It was fun to Skype yesterday! I love getting to talk to you guys. It's always fun! I love and miss you all so much! Thank you so much for everything you do for me. I'm so grateful for you and the example you are to me. 

I'm so jealous that you will be going to Costa Rica so soon!! You better take lots of pictures! I'm sure it will be super pretty!! (We are going to Eric's Wedding in Costa Rica soon)

I'm so excited for Candice too but sad I won't be there!! I think Noelle will wait a while before she comes! (I told her I'm worried Noelle will come while we are gone.)

I'm scared to see how hot and humid it gets here! But I'm sure I'll make it through just like I made it through the winter!!

Sister Fine always talks about how she's not going to have children until she's graduated from college and well established, and then I read my Patriarchal blessing and it talks about how I will hold many high and holy callings in the wards and stakes of Zion, but it talks sooooo much about how my greatest calling in life is to be a mother. That makes me excited to have children! Also makes me not worried at all to wait until I get college done or anything until I have children. I love kids so much. They're the one thing that I've been very passionate about my whole life. 

Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment