Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Decisions Determine Destiny!

Hello! This week has been pretty good! The highlight of the week was definitely stake conference this weekend. The theme was “decisions determine destiny.” But that was not only the theme of stake conference, it’s been the theme of the week. So many random things about decisions and choices have just been popping up out of nowhere. Heavenly Father has been making sure I’m getting his message haha. But seriously, this is such an important topic! Our decisions that we make while we’re here on earth, determine our eternity! One of my favorite quotes from stake conference went something like this, “We should live every day with an eternal perspective, instead of living eternity with an every day perspective.” In our world today, so many people “live for the moment” it’s an “eat, drink, and be merry” world we’re living in. But that is not how we can have the most joy! Another quote I really like was something like this, “happiness comes from worldly or physical/temporary things, but pure joy comes from within” it’s the choices that we make each and every day, that can give us lasting joy. There's a popular saying, “Live every day like it’s your last” I was thinking about this today and thinking about how the world might take this and use it as an excuse to do whatever they want, to party, be immoral, or whatever other crazy things people do, but I was thinking about how different it would be taken if we changed it just a little bit. What if we said, “Live every day like it’s your last day before you meet God” How differently would we live our lives? I imagine we would all be a lot better people. When I first heard about decisions determining our destiny, I immediately thought about the big choices we have to make, but a lot of the talks were about the little things. The daily choices that we make. It has made me think so much more about my future and how I want my life to be! They also talked a lot about service and how much serving others can impact our lives. I know that we have opportunities to serve someone every single day of our lives, we just have to look for them and listen to the spirit. It doesn’t have to be something big or time consuming. Smiling at someone, sending a nice text, calling a friend, it can be literally anything! This is something that I want to work on. I want to make an effort to do something nice for someone every single day. One of the speakers said, “Serving others doesn’t make our problems go away, but serving others gives us the strength we need to be able to endure our trials.” I know this is true! Sorry I have a lot of thoughts about these topics, but I don’t want to make this too long! Here’s links to some great talks on these topics! Please read them!



Now for an update on some investigators. 
Sher Paw: We asked her dad if she could be baptized, he simply said, “no.” Bummer. She is still doing great though. I know she will eventually be able to be baptized. It’s just a matter of getting past these cultural roadblocks. 

Eh Lin: We asked him if he had a chance to pray about baptism. He said he forgot. Then proceeded to tell us that he is concerned about getting baptized a second time because his old pastors told him if you get baptized more than once you’ll go to hell. He told us, “in the Bible they don’t get baptized more than once” so we read in the Bible where people get baptized a second time and helped him understand why it was necessary for them to get baptized a second time. He said a really cool prayer at the end of the lesson asking God to help him find the truth and understand these things. Just trying to work through another cultural roadblock. 

Magen: She’s still doing great. She has such a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ and do what’s right. She told us that her mom was raised in a different religion, but now her and her dad don’t really believe in anything so Magen has been trying to teach her 9 year old brother about Jesus. How sweet is that? I’ve got high hopes for her. She’ll do great things. 

I hope you all have a great week! 

Sister Hermansen 

Cute companions. Sorry I slacked on pictures this week. 

UPDATE! GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. GOD IS REAL. We literally just got off of the phone with Mae Paw and she called us so happy saying that her dad just told her that Sher Paw can get baptized! I guess since we asked him he has been thinking and decided that he can tell that this is something good and he sees that we just want to help their family. Oh my goodness. We got to talk to Sher Paw as well and she is so happy! God is a God of miracles my friends. He always has been, and he always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment