Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Don’t worry, we’re lice and bed bug free.

Update: The lice and bed bug situations are under control. We are back to our normal spot sleeping on our Thai mat on the bedroom floor. It feels good to be back, not as good as those mission home beds felt though. 

We went to the Lamb of God concert this week with Mae Paw and an investigator, Sue. It was sooo good. It is a concert all about the last week of Christ’s life here on earth. The music is so powerful. It really helped me to think about how lucky we are that Christ suffered and died for our sins so that we can receive the blessings of eternal life and happiness. It’s up to us to use His sacrifice to help us repent and become better. 

It’s been a pretty good week. Mae Paw’s dad still hasn’t come to church. :( We will keep praying though! We had a couple really cool lessons this week. One was with our investigator Eh Lin. The whole lesson just felt super good. The spirit was really strong. We invited him to be baptized and he responded pretty well. He said he wants to think and pray about it more, but he knows the things we have been teaching him are true. 

The other really cool lesson was with a girl name Magen. She is one of our member's friends. She’s 14 and super cute. She’s also white, so we had to teach in English and it was so weird hahaha It's weird how hard it has become to teach the gospel in English because we are so used to teaching in Karen now. Anyway, we taught her about the restoration of the gospel and she understood it so well. She just kept talking about how much sense it makes and how she feels really good about it. I was thinking about that, and about how the gospel really does just make so much sense. God chose prophets a long time ago in the Bible to teach us and help us learn what we need to do to get back to him, and God is unchanging. It only makes sense that he would choose more prophets to help lead us and guide us today. I’m so grateful that we have the knowledge of a living prophet who leads us and guides us in these days. I know that President Russell M Nelson is a true prophet, called by God. In a couple of weeks we are going to have the opportunity to hear him and the apostles speak to us and tell us the things God wants us to know. I’m so excited! 

I know this gospel is true and it has blessed me more than I can even explain. Before my mission I looked at the gospel as an accessory for my life. Something that added to my life. But as I’ve been on my mission, I’ve really been able to see that the gospel is my whole life. Everything I do has something to do with God’s plan for me. The gospel should be a part of every aspect of our lives, and when we make it that, God is going to bless us more than we can imagine or even see. He loves us so much and wants us to have joy in life. 

Have a gooood week! 
Lamb of God concert
Didn't take many pictures this week, but here's one of Sister Hicks and I before church!

No comments:

Post a Comment