Monday, April 24, 2017

Heyyyy

I don't have much time to write today, but I wanted to send some pictures! The kid in the first picture is baby John, our investigator Moo Eh Wah's son. I'm obsessed with him. He's so cute! (I totally agree, he's a cutie. When you know how much Brooklyn loves children and how much she wants to be a mom, this is such a sweet picture!)

And then the second picture is us, Karen Moo (the one getting baptized), and her older sister Moo Eh Wah (still deciding if she wants to get baptized on May 6th). We are going to have a lesson with them tonight that we are really excited about so hopefully by next week she will be on date for May 6th as well! 

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! I'll write more next week!

Mom notes:  In Brooklyn's letter to me she wrote that they were lucky to have really beautiful weather over the weekend. Sounds like they've had lots of spring rain like us, but the past few days have been in the low 70's. She also said the language is coming along. She said it's been frustrating because she really doesn't know how to teach herself a language, but every time she gets frustrated she prays and then either that day or the next day she surprises herself with how much more she realizes she knows. I asked her if she's remembering to use bug spray. She said mosquitoes are still biting her but not as much as that one day. But.....she hasn't stopped eating bananas! hahahaha

Brooklyn sent us a few more pictures. We asked her if this is how she eats all her meals. She said, "Oh yeah, we don't ever sit anywhere besides the floor with the Karen people." I noticed the hammock in the background and she mentioned that a lot of them have hammocks in their homes. They must be tired of sleeping on the floor all the time! 


I thought this random picture was cute. She looks happy!

Yay for seeing Sister Wilcox (her MTC companion) again! Sister Wilcox's mom sent me this picture. We both haven't heard where they got to see each other though. Makes me curious because Brooklyn is in her Karen dress. 

2 comments:

  1. Sister Hermansen is doing such great work! I am a convert to the LDS church in the New Brighton ward. Even though it's been 4 years since I converted, Sister Hermansen should get to count me as a half convert because of how much she allowed the Lord to work through her to strengthen and sustain my testimony! I have been taking missionary lessons over again to strengthen my spiritual foundation after some struggles, but wow! Sister Hermansen really took that to a whole new level! She went above and beyond to help me, not by doing what was easy, popular, or what I wanted, but she and her companion Sister Ching pushed me to do the hard, difference-making work the Lord wanted done which I needed in the long run, even if it's not technically what I might want right now in my moments of fleshly weakness. (I am gay so I work with the Sister missionaries) It was such a motherly thing for her to do, and with my dad passed, my actual mom struggling with Alzheimer's and my extended family largely estranged, it makes it a really special feeling to have someone show me family-like love again like Sister Hermansen has blessed me with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan for the kind words. It makes me so happy that Heavenly Father put Brooklyn there when you needed her and she was able to show you the kindness and love you deserve. So many of us have trials that seem all consuming. I don't understand why some are so hard. I am so sorry about your dad and mom. I know that Heavenly Father loves you unconditionally and wants you to be happy! Good luck with all you do.
      From Brooklyn's mom

      Delete