Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Take me out to the ball game!

Hello! This week I went to my first Major League Baseball game! All of the missionaries serving around the twin cities were able to go to a Twins game! It was really cold, but super fun! Funny story about it, the week before, I bought a Twins hat to wear to the game. We got to the game and we walked up to where all of the missionaries were and Elder Nelson from my last area, who's from Texas says, "Hey Sister Hermansen, I'm glad you're supporting Texas instead of Minnesota!" I bought a Texas Rangers hat... why they were selling those in Minnesota, I don't know. Shows you how much I know about sports I guess! hahaha I felt pretty dumb so of course I had to go buy a Twins hat to wear. 
Wrong hat!
 Right hat!
This week we had exchanges, the last sister that served the Karen people came to our area with me and that was super fun! We found a really nice new family to teach that we're super excited about! We were walking up to these apartments and two young moms and a ton of little kids were walking up too, so Sister Heath starts speaking Karen to them and basically says, "We're missionaries and we teach people about Jesus Christ. Can we teach you and your family?" And the lady said, "Of course, follow me!" It's crazy how open all of the Karen people are to learning about Jesus Christ. It makes it so we have to decide who actually wants to learn and progress in the gospel and who is just willing to listen though. Sometimes that's a tough call to make. 

Yesterday I had to say a prayer in Sacrament meeting in Karen! It was so scary! I was so nervous, but it was cool have that opportunity! Some of our investigators that have never been to church before came too! 

Here's about half of the missionaries that came. I didn't know this picture was being taken so I'm not even looking, oh well! (She's near the top on the right under a green blanket, with a hat on)

Sister Fine and I at the game! In my actual Twins hat

Elder Blackburn, Elder Evans, Sister Heath-(works with the YSA now but used to work with the Karen), Sister Fine and Brooklyn. There's two more Karen Elders in her ward that aren't in the picture

And just for fun, my Karen dress that I got! (She said it's super uncomfortable to sit on the floor in)

Mom notes: I asked Brooklyn this week about her Karen name, Cha Moo Paw. She said she was given the name by Pee Haw Paw, or Grandma Haw Paw. (Pee means Grandma in Karen and Poo means Grandpa!) Cha means star, Moo means life and Paw means flower. Brooklyn said it was weird getting used to being called Sister Hermansen, and now it's even weirder getting used to Cha Moo Paw! 

Brooklyn also told me about seeing a returned missionary from Minnesota (Grant Peterson) who served in our area and his fiance, Emma Zimmerman (who served in Minnesota) at a Lamb of God Concert she ushered at Sunday night. It caught her really off guard to run into him, but it was fun! Emma sent us a picture. It was fun to see Brooklyn in the new dress we sent her for Easter! Yay, it fits!

It sounds like the language is coming along. I stress about having to pray in Sacrament Meeting in English. Can't believe she's already praying in Sacrament meeting in Karen! I'm so proud of her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment