Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Something amazing happened this weekend

This weekend we had the amazing opportunity to hear from the Prophet Thomas S. Monson and a bunch more of God's servants here on Earth. General conference is such a cool opportunity where we get to hear from the leaders of Christ's church and receive guidance and direction. The talks were sooo good. I can't pick a favorite because they were all so good, but one that I really liked was by Elder Dale G Renlund, one of the apostles. He talked about how Christ will never support sin, He hates sin, but he will never condemn us. No matter what we do, He will always love us and He is always waiting for us to let Him help us. He talks about a lot more stuff, you can watch his or any other of the talks on LDS.org. 
Do it! They're so good! ☺️

We had a really cool lesson with one of our progressing investigators named Moo Eh Wah. She is amazing. She talked about how before the missionaries knocked on her door she had been praying for guidance from God and when the missionaries came, she heard the Spirit tell her to accept them as servants of God. Her faith is growing so much and she has gained a testimony of so many things already! She knows the Book of Mormon is true and loves it even though it's not even translated into Karen yet. It's truly amazing to see these people who don't have a Book of Mormon in their language, gain a testimony of its truthfulness from the Spirit. We read scriptures from it to them and translate them into Karen the best we can, but we really need to rely on the Spirit to help them. This has strengthened my testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon so much. I know it's true and I know that anyone who has a desire to know if it's true can gain that by the power of the Holy Ghost. 

Sorry I don't have much time to email this week so this is a short email! Love you all!

Love, Cha Moo Paw (My Karen name)

I didn't even notice the first time I saw this picture that the print on it is Asian. I'm assuming it's Karen, but don't know for sure. 

Brooklyn told us that she puts chili sauce into almost every meal she eats to cover up the fish oil taste. (She still hasn't eaten fish!) She said she put so much on this bowl she was sweating! hahaha 
After the porcupine last week, I think I'd worry about the "mystery meat" in this dish! 
I also found out that they don't get fed very much now, so maybe that's a good thing? I told her we'd send a little extra money for dinners from now on. 

Her first Karen purchase....it's called a "tuh" (bag). She said most people wear them like this, but she'll wear it over one shoulder. 

This is where Brooklyn and her companion tried to do some weekly planning, but it ended up being way too cold. Minnesota temperatures are still in the 50's but with the humidity it feels colder. 


As a mom I've been really worried about how the changes in her mission have been affecting her. I didn't even ask her how she is coping and she wrote this in her letter to me this week.....an answer to my prayers!

On my mission I have really realized how easy going I actually am. Some of the people I see are crazy! hahaha I just go with the flow of everything. I think that's why Heavenly Father knew I could be in Karen work. It's so much more fast paced and stressful but I just choose not to stress about it. I read the blessing from when I got set apart every now and then (we took notes when President Knudsen set her apart and typed them up so she could take a copy with her on her mission.) and in it, it says "you were blessed to be happy" and I can tell how true that is. So many missionaries struggle so much with being stressed or depressed or anything but I just don't. Heavenly Father is helping me out a ton!

My mom heart is so happy!

1 comment:

  1. If I wipe this post out by accident, I may not try a 4th time!
    Sister Cha Moo Paw, the Lord certainly knew where you would be the most effective. You have always been a smiler. In fact I cannot remember ever seeing you not smiling. You have the ability to make people feel comfortable. I am one proud Grandma.
    That "tuh" looks like a useful accessory. I would wear it for sure.
    I am glad you have something that can mask the oil taste somewhat.
    You are always on my mind and I pray you will continue to be blessed. Love, Grandma Horscroft ��

    ReplyDelete