Friday, July 7, 2017

Easter in July?

Happy Independence Day! The past couple of days I have been reflecting on how lucky I am to live in America. Working with refugees that have literally had to run through the jungle from people trying to kill them, been taken out of their own country, and seen loved ones killed, I am so grateful for the safety and opportunities we have here. We are blessed to have the freedoms and rights we do. Sometimes we take it for granted, but we are so lucky! 

It has been a pretty cool week! One night we got out of a lesson and had a little bit of time before we had to be home, so we decided to try to see Moo Eh Wah. I was a little bit worried about it because her husband doesn't like us and all, but on the way there I said a prayer in my heart that someone from the family would be outside so we could talk to them. When we got there and started walking toward their building, I looked over at the park across the street and saw Moo Eh Wah's little brother! Then Karen Moo! Then Moo Eh Wah! They had been on a walk and were walking home! If we would have come any earlier or later, we probably wouldn't have seen them! It was so good to finally see them and talk to them. They were able to come to church on Sunday as well! Her husband is still being difficult though, we will just have to keep praying!

Yesterday I was reading the Book of Mormon during personal study and read some really cool verses. In this part, the Lord is talking to the Nephites about all of the bad people that were destroyed because of their wickedness. As I read this I felt the spirit so strong and felt of the true character of Christ. He is basically pleading with these people to let Him help them. Christ has already suffered and died for us, He wants us to come unto Him. It is only through Christ that we can receive forgiveness and peace from our sins and receive eternal life.

3 Nephi 9:13-15 
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.

Have a good week! Watch the video at the end of this email!

One of our investigators moved a couple of hours away. We're super sad! 

I think this is their investigator that moved away, Lay Paw. Brooklyn didn't send details with this picture. Lay Paw gave them all a new Shaka! She is a very sweet lady!

Beautiful sunset

Brooklyn and her new companion, Sister Hicks

Sister Hick's mother sent me a few extra pictures of them--love when that happens!

With one of her favorite past companions, Sister Ching at Zone Conference.

Last picture with Sister Forbes. She and her husband were released this week.

A few pictures of their Easter in July! hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment