Thursday, February 2, 2017

Car crash and concussion? November 21, 2016

I'm running out of ways to start my emails... last week was a little crazy with transfers and everything. I'm loving my new companion, Sister Whitby though! She's super fun and so excited about missionary work! This is going to be a great transfer! Plus she does a perfect Miranda Sings impression!

Oooh last week for P-Day we got to watch Zootopia with our district! That was fun!!

On Tuesday, we caused a car accident..... oops. Thankfully our car wasn't involved. Sister Heiner and I were sitting at a stop light and I looked out the window and there was a big nice Yukon full of high school aged boys. The driver was looking at us and apparently got nervous when I made eye contact with him. He looked away real quick and slammed on the gas.... It's too bad the light was still red... hahahaha he rear ended the car in front of him, which was a car full of high school aged girls.

On Friday we woke up early to go play sports at the church with our district. We were playing a game called 3-step. Which is like free-for-all dodgeball but once you pick up the ball you can only take 3 steps and then throw it. Well, my zone leader had the ball, took a running start and threw it as hard as he could.... at my face. It was a volleyball so it didn't hurt that bad, but I had headaches for a couple days after hahahaha.

It snooooowed! On Friday night it snowed very lightly, it melted right away though. Thank goodness! It's already way too cold. It has been in the low 30's and high 20's. it's hard to believe it will get 50 degrees colder! I'm glad I'm in the southern part of Minnesota though. The north already has over 2 feet of snow!!

This week we got two new investigators! One's name is Kevin. He's a super cool guy. He's a resident at the Mayo Clinic. We're not sure how much potential he has, but he seems pretty open! The other one is Martha. She is a super sweet lady from South Sudan. She is very open to everything we've taught! In our first lesson we had with her, she accepted my invitation to be baptized! When we go back this week we will try to set a date for her baptism! That was super exciting. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and Martha seems solid!

We spend most of our days trying to find people to teach! It can get tedious but when you find someone who is interested, it's so worth it. I love being a missionary!

In this holiday season, remember to take the time to tell the people you love that you're thankful for them. I'm so thankful for all of you. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and a great week! Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment