Friday, February 3, 2017

Glenmoor Newsletter, January 23, 2017

Mom notes: Brooklyn didn't end up writing a general e-mail this week since she just barely had P-day 3 days ago with the Temple trip. She told me she didn't feel like she had anything new to write about. I told her I needed to turn something in for our Ward Newsletter. They have a section in the back where parents can put a paragraph or two from their missionaries emails for the ward members to read. As a parent of a missionary that's out right now, I love reading them and I send a copy to Brooklyn each month so she can see what her fellow ward missionaries are up to. She sent me the following to put in February's newsletter:

"Hello Glenmoor 8th Ward! For this newsletter I just wanted to write a little thank you to my ward family! I'm am so grateful for all of you and everything you guys have done for me through out my whole life. From primary teachers, activity days leaders, young women's leaders, Sunday school teachers, friends, and everyone else that has been a part of my life so far, you have all helped me become who I am today. I have been so blessed to have such amazing people around me. I've been a part of this ward my whole life and it will always feel like my home ward. (None of the wards out here even compare to Glenmoor 8th) ;) Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I know this gospel is true with all my heart. It has blessed my life in so many ways and I know it will bless every person's life who chooses to follow Christ's example and be a part of this amazing church. My advice for you, from the words of my grandma, "Remember who you are and what you stand for." I love you all!" 

It's true, we really live in a great ward and neighborhood! I also told her that Brian and I were going on our Stake's annual Laurel Retreat next weekend and since she had been at it a year ago, I wanted to know if she had any advice for the girls who where going to attend this year. This is what she wrote:

"I would tell the Laurels, Time goes by so quick, enjoy the little bit of time they have in high school left. Do fun stuff! (But not dumb stuff) For the ones that want to go on missions, don't wait to prepare. Start preparing now. Read your scriptures, say meaningful prayers, and seek guidance through your prayers and scripture study. Study the heck out of Preach My Gospel, but most importantly, pray to have missionary experiences now. Just experiences where you can share the gospel in small ways. Even if it's just being an example to those around you. Get in contact with the missionaries and see if you can help them as a joint teacher or anything. It's probably kind of difficult because it's Elders in our stake, but we take Priests out, it's just a little more complicated. Just try to have missionary experiences. I don't know what else to tell them. haha"

I thought it was excellent advice and it ended up being perfect to go along with our little Fireside. I still can't believe exactly one year ago Brooklyn was just like the girls we were talking to with so many decision and choices to be made about their futures. So much has happened since then. Time is going too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment