Thursday, February 2, 2017

"Hey, huuuuge party tonight." October 17, 2016

Hello hello!
My second week in Minnesota has been good! Last Monday I found out that my companion's birthday was the coming Friday and I wanted to do something for her, but because I have to be with her 24/7 that's pretty hard. I emailed home and told my mom and sister and they got right on it and sent me a bunch of birthday things for her! We got the packages on Thursday, so I surprised her by decorating our room while she was getting ready on Friday morning! I'll put some pictures of it at the end!

Friday night we had to get a wifi connection so we could sync our iPads, we went into an Arby's because they have free wifi. We were sitting at a table just on our iPads and this young guy was about to walk out, then he paused and walked over to us. He said, "Hey, huuuge party tonight." I just stared back at him wondering if I should tell him I'm a missionary and wondering how he didn't see our name tags. hahaha When I didn't say anything back he said, "For real. At the campus." Then proceeded to walk out. I died laughing and could hardly tell my companion what he said. I told her I should have asked if I could give him my number and given him a mormon.org card with our information on it haha We joked about how it was Sister Heiner's birthday party. We got a kick out of it. I still don't know how he didn't see our name tags haha.

This week has been a lot of knocking on doors trying to find new people to teach. Some people are open to hearing our message, but most people here are pretty set in their ways. Most people here are pretty religious, but they're not open to hearing about other religions. It's kind of crazy being from Utah, I'm used to seeing LDS churches on every corner, here there are churches everywhere, but they're of all different religions. A lot of the people we come in contact with are from other countries as well. There's an apartment complex called the Gates of Rochester and it's the best place to contact people. There's people of all different races and nationalities, and usually they're more open to hearing about the Gospel. Even if they're not interested, they're usually more polite telling us that they're not interested haha 

We've done a lot this week, but I can't think of anything particularly important to tell you all. Hopefully next week I'll have some cool stories to tell! My companion and I are confident that there's someone in our area who is ready to be baptized in the next month or so, we're working hard to find them! 

Funny thing about the weather here, it's kind of like Utah, bipolar. Some days it's over 70 degrees, then the next days it's under 40 degrees. It's hard to believe that it's going to get down to -50ish. I'm just enjoying the weather we have right now before that comes! I'm actually going to go shopping today to get winter gear...pray for me! Haha!

As always, thanks everyone for the emails, letters, and packages! I really appreciate it! I love you all! 

-Sister Hermansen

This is a picture of our room after I decorated it for Sister Heiner's birthday. Notice how cute her comforter is. We found those super cute comforters on clearance at Walmart for $10 so we have matching beds!

My family got mad at me for not sending pictures of me... so here's a picture with a squash we found that the elders left. Looks like they had some fun. Also that's the only picture I took of myself.... so enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment