Monday, February 13, 2017

It feels like summer! February 13, 2017

Hello! The last few days it's been over 40 degrees and it feels soooo warm! We can go out with out jackets and there's tons of people walking around in shorts and t-shirts! Minnesota is a weird place! I never thought I would feel warm in 40 degree weather. 

Anyway, a lot has gone on in the last couple of weeks! Last Wednesday Sister Woo flew back home to Hong Kong! I'm still in New Brighton, and my new companion is Sister Ching! She was in my district in Rochester, then when I came up to New Brighton she came up to Blaine which is in my district too, and now we're companions! So I've served around her my whole mission so far! We have a lot of fun together. :)

Now for some stories. 

One day we felt like we should go to an apartment building, but the building we had planned to go to was a lock-out apartment. We prayed that a way for us to be able to get in would be provided. We got out of the car and started walking to the door. Right as we got there, a guy came out of the building. Then we decided to start tracting on the bottom floor. We didn't have much success though. But funny story, a lady came down to go into her apartment and it was one of the doors that a lady had answered and shut the door on us. We could hear them talking and then we heard, "I don't know but there's two more outside. I wasn't going to let them in." We were confused of what she was talking about until we walked up the stairs and saw the elders in our area standing at the door trying to get in. Hahaha in the month and a half I've been in this area, we have never run into the elders. Anyway, the mailboxes had names on them and almost all of them were hispanic names and the elders are Spanish speaking so we told them they could just tract the building. But then I decided to try one last door. I picked a Native American name from the mailboxes. When we knocked on the door a little Native American woman answered the door and let us right in. We were able to have a first lesson with her and it went really well! 

Our investigator Lee, (the glass-eye guy) dropped us this week. :( We set up an appointment for just a couple hours later and we went and he told us to leave. We left and called him like 5 minutes later and he told us he just doesn't want to see us again. We think someone told him to tell us to leave. He said we are still friends though and we can still call him sometimes. It was sad but we have faith that things will work out for him when the time is right. 

When I first got here there was an investigator Steve, who had a baptism date-set. We tried going to his apartment but someone told us that he got put into the hospital. We didn't have any way to get a hold of him so we were super sad. Then someone told us that he got moved to a care facility, but didn't know which one. So again, we had no way of getting a hold of him. One of the members sent him a card hoping to get a return address back, but had no success. We thought we had lost Steve forever. Until Brother Matthews, the member who sent him a letter, got a call from Steve! Apparently he's been in the hospital for weeks but is back at his new apartment! We're super excited to meet him and hopefully set a new baptism date with him! We are seeing him tomorrow so hopefully I'll have an update next week! 

I'm so grateful for this gospel. Since being on my mission I have realized how much this gospel has blessed me in all aspects of my life, and how much it will bless everyone's lives who choose to follow it. I know the gospel is true and I love it will all of my heart. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ is our Savior. He lived and died for you, and for me. I know that because of Christ, we will NEVER be alone. Christ is always here for us and he knows exactly what we've been through and how we feel. It is through Him, that we can receive comfort and happiness during hard times. He wants to help us. Let Him help you in your life, and you will be the happiest you have ever been. 

I love you all so much! Have a great week! 

Last district breakfast before Sister Woo left and transfers. The sister next to Sister Woo is my new companion, Sister Ching.

Pretty picture of the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment