Thursday, February 2, 2017

Four companions, one week..., October 31, 2016

Well well well! Last week was an interesting one for sure! Sister Heiner got her voice back on Tuesday, but the laryngitis moved to her sinuses! She had a constant sharp pain in her head and face for 5 days! She wasn't allowed to leave the apartment until Saturday!! While she was stuck at the apartment, I went on mini exchanges with the other sisters in our district. One set is a Spanish speaking companionship, and the other set does a lot of Chinese work. So needless to say, I couldn't talk to most of the people we visited last week hahaha. We got started on a collage on our wall in our apartment though! It's going to be a big collage of pictures of Christ and what not, in the shape of the Salt Lake Temple! It's coming along really well, but probably won't be finished for a couple of weeks since Sister Heiner is better now and we don't have a bunch of down time haha. I will be sure to send a picture of it when it's finished though. I'm pretty excited about it!

Because I was mostly working in other areas, I don't have a lot to say this week. One funny thing that happened, we have some pretty.... fun neighbors. It's a young couple who is constantly fighting. They. Yell. So. Loud. They woke me up at 4am the other day but anyway, the guy always has a ton of friends over and one night we were walking up to the door to get into our building and one of the friends was on the balcony which is right by the door. He said, "Y'all can come up here wit us doe" and Sister Heiner just said, "No thanks. We're good." Hahaha It was funny. So later we taped a picture of Jesus on their door and heard them when they found it. This is how the conversation went, "Dawg what's on your door?" "Man now they puttin' **** on my door." "You're the one that said hi to them!" We thought we were pretty funny. 

After not working as much as usual last week, Sister Heiner and I are ready to work our butts off this week! So hopefully I'll have some good stories next Monday! 

It seems like almost everyone we meet has had someone very close to them die recently, this makes it very easy to bear our testimonies of the Plan of Salvation. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that I will see my loved ones after death. I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing church and to have the knowledge of life after death. Being a member of this church has been my greatest blessing in life. I know that this church is true and I will be eternally grateful for that knowledge! 

I love you all and I hope you have a great Halloween and week!!


I got to see my MTC companion and another Sister from my MTC district and that made me super happy. 

I took a picture in my winter gear to show everyone haha thankfully I haven't had to use it yet, but it's getting colder every day


This is Jennifer, one of our new investigators. We found her smoking outside of her apartment and started talking to her. It turns out her dad had passed away the previous week. We said a prayer with her and testified of the plan of salvation. We've seen her a couple times since, but haven't had a time to sit down and teach a real lesson, but we're hoping we will get to soon! She's super sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment