Monday, February 20, 2017

Frat Houses and Weird Bikes!

Well well well! Here we are again, another week down, time is going by waaaay too quick!! This week was super eventful! Right now we are in the process of dropping people that aren't super interested or making any progress, and trying to find new people to teach that are ready for the gospel. This means tracting! Lots and lots of knocking on doors! And so far, it's been pretty successful!! Also, the last couple of days have been in the 60's!! The flippin' 60's!! In MINNESOTA!! No one can believe it! The natives say this NEVER happens. My prayers have been answered. Except it's supposed to snow 7 inches on Friday... (I checked the weather and the high will be around 32 degrees that day)

Anywayyyyyyy, this week, one day that we went tracting, we talked to a total of 9 people, (which is actually more than normal for an hour of tracting here) and 6 out of the 9 actually talked to us and let us share a message! We will see if any of the 6 become new investigators! It was pretty cool though.

The best thing that happened last week though... was the fraternity!! We had a media referral for this guy named Karl. It said that he requested a Book of Mormon. We have been trying to get a hold of him for a while but his number didn't work. One night we went to his address and it was a frat house! There was a guy coming outside so we asked him if Karl was there and he said, "He lives here but he's not home. He's usually home around 11-1 for lunch." So we came back the next day, knocked on the door, no one came. So we went to the door on the other side and no one came. So we moved down to a side door where we could see a ton of guys in there and they all pointed to the back. So we went around to the back and this guy says, "Sorry we have to leave those doors closed for the winter, come in." So we walk into this frat house full of guys eating lunch and they're all just staring at us. Not gonna lie, it was super intimidating! We asked if Karl was there and one of the guys was like "uhhh yeah that's me..." We asked if he requested a Book or Mormon and he looked super confused so we said, "Maybe it was a prank...." and he said, "I think it was a prank...." So Sister Ching says, "Well, do any of you want some pamphlets or a Book of Mormon or our card?" And a bunch of them said yes and then started asking us a ton of questions about what we believe!! It was super cool! Who knows, maybe 20 years down the road some of them will run into missionaries again and remember when we came to their frat house!

Remember Steve that I talked about last week? Well we met with him last Tuesday and he said he still has a desire to be baptized! So hopefully we will have a baptism date for him in the next little while! I'm super excited for him! 

I forgot to write about the Chinese New Year party that we went to last week, so I'll include some pictures from that!

The church is true! I love you all! 

Minneapolis is a weird place... This dude was just riding around on this bike!

They were invited to a Chinese New Year Celebration because her companion is Asian.

Sister Hermansen and Sister Ching

So much yummy food, but Brooklyn said she still likes Panda Express better!

Mom notes: On a side note I sent Brooklyn a picture of some darling twin babies wearing cabbage patch hair hats that had been crocheted. I thought they were so funny and she loves babies. I said if anyone in our family has twin girls I would have these hats made for them. We were able to email back and forth today and she replied, "I have decided since being on my mission that I want like 10 kids hahahaha so maybe I'll have twins!" This happy grandma just wanted to put that in writing! hahahaha 

Then Brooklyn said, "I'm learning so much about what kind of parent I want to be and how I want to keep my house and everything. Oh and I'm learning what kind of husband I want and how I want to be as a wife! I'm so glad that I made the decision to serve a mission. (We are too) Every day it helps me realize how truly blessed I am, and how much this time is going to bless my whole life." Things we as parents only hope to have our kids realize sooner than later! hahaha

I then asked her if she had other things she had to get done today, she said "Yeah we have to clean the whole apartment because it's getting checked tomorrow." Yay, for cleaning without being told to....sort of! 

Besides the obvious reasons of why it's a good thing to serve a mission, I think all of the above reasons are pretty great, too!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are doing this blog for her and your side notes on the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete