Thursday, February 2, 2017

General Conference Scandel, October, 2016

Brooklyn was lucky enough to be in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) during General Conference. In a letter she sent to me, this was one of the paragraphs:

"The dress you sent me is so cute and fits perfectly! Thanks so much! I wore it yesterday and will probably wear it on Sunday during conference because it's so comfy! Look for me during the Saturday Afternoon session in the MTC choir!"

So, if you read that, what would you think???? I know, right? I had to let grandma's and grandpa's, especially the ones out of town know so they could watch for her! We were soooo excited. I even posted on Facebook about it. It took forever but Conference finally came and we were watching anxiously for a glimpse of her, and we weren't the only ones! Every time they showed the choir we scanned it looking for her. By the third song, we realized she wasn't there. I had never been so depressed watching General Conference before! hahaha We were thinking maybe she got sick, or her companion got sick so she couldn't go without her. Turns out the little stinker was teasing me. She claims she ran out of time before she had the chance to tell me she was kidding and had to get off the internet. Her companion Sister Wilcox actually wrote one of her mom's friends and asked her to text her during conference and tell her she had seen her! At least Brooklyn didn't go that far! Those little schemers are too much alike. Now I know why they got along so well together! 

Here's a sample of my facebook feed:
     Me: Well that was disappointing, not the talks, they were wonderful, but not seeing Brooklyn! I know she was getting over a cold and cough that had been spreading through her district on Thursday. Wonder if it got worse and she couldn't practice? It's hard not being able to text or talk. I'll find out what happened next week. :(
     Kim Yerka: I hope she's not sick! I have been earnestly looking for her though. I can only imagine how frustrating it is not knowing how she is doing.
     Robyn Hinderman: She was there in heart. Even though we did not see our sweet sister I felt her presence and her spirit shining on you and her family and all of us. Hope she is feeling better. We love you Brooklyn. We love your family.
     Laura Kimball: This was an amazing choir! It melted my missionary mom heart. Whether Brooklyn was able to join it or not, the music and testimonies of missionary work rang through every note for all who are called to serve. I wish Brooklyn the best!
     Kristen Faux: We kept looking and looking. Laney finally said, "Mom, is Brooklyn really singing or is this just a trick to get me to watch conference?" Hope she is feeling better. She is in our prayers!
     Shilo Moore: That's hilarious, I love Laney. My girls were glued to the TV too, hoping to see Brooklyn.
     Sarah Sheppard: My kids were watching for her too! Stets kept crying wolf saying I see Brookie! (Not sure why he was calling her that. :))
     Mary Horscroft: I came back to the house from Ginny's for a moment and we were glued watching for Sister Hermansen in the choir. The Tui's were here and I asked if they had seen her and Devina reminded me she had not been feeling well, so maybe she wasn't singing. I hope she is feeling better. 

When I told her in my next letter, she got a real kick out of how far her "prank" had gone! Funny, Brookie, real funny!!!


Here's a picture of Brooklyn and one of her high school friends, Justin Brown. His mom sent it to me. Brooklyn finally ran into him in the MTC! She had a few friends from high school there at the same time she was. She said it was really awkward to just shake hands and not hug! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment