Thursday, February 2, 2017

Crack and pop! November 28, 2016

Another week has gone by?! Time is flying by here in Rochester! People weren't kidding when they said the days feel like weeks, but the weeks feel like days! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving week! It was weird being away from friends and family, but we spent our Thanksgiving at one of my favorite family's house. They are awesome and they feel just like family so we had a good day! The food was delicious, and after dinner, they took us bowling! I felt like a goof in a dress and bowling shoes, but it was a blast! 

When I was in the MTC I tweaked my back playing volleyball and it wasn't giving me too much trouble, but it wasn't very comfortable. So a couple of weeks ago we're at this member family's house and Brother Schilaty goes, "Hey Sisters, I just wanted to let you know that with my chiropractic background, I treat missionaries for free. So let me know if you ever have any problems." Huuuuge answer to my prayers! So I told him about my back and we set up a time for this last Saturday to get it checked out. We went and he adjusted my whole body! Joints I didn't even know could pop were cracking and poppin'! It was nuts. When he looked at my back I had a few ribs out and all kind of adjustments that needed to be made. He also told me the cause of the headaches I've been getting. After a whole bunch of adjustments, I'm feeling great! Also, his mom was there for Thanksgiving and she knows my Grandma Hermansen! Small world!!

Last week the church put out a new video called #LIGHTtheWORLD. It's amazing! There's also a challenge with it, to do an act of service every day in December up until Christmas. If you go to Mormon.org, you can watch the video and check out the suggestions for each of the days! I want to challenge all of you to watch the video and help #LIGHTtheWORLD this Christmas season. Christmas is such an amazing time of the year with a whole different feel to it, it's important to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas, and serving others can help you keep that in mind.

There's a guy in our ward who is getting ready to go on his mission to Colombia, so he comes teaching with us every Sunday. Last Sunday we didn't have any set appointments so we took him tracting, with no success. Yesterday we had an appointment but it fell through, so we took him to a bunch of stop-bys. We didn't have any success so we decided to finish tracting a street that we had started earlier in the week. Everyone was not very interested. Until the last door on the street. A guy who looked a little rough answered and I was thinking, "Oh great. We're gonna get yelled at." Yeah nope. He was soooo nice and we got to have a lesson with him and we got a return appointment for this upcoming weekend! This was a good reminder to me that we can't judge people by their looks. It was a humbling experience. Also super exciting that we got a new investigator! 

Thanks everyone for all of the emails, letters, and packages. They are greatly appreciated! They make my days so much better. :) I love you all! Have a good week!

Gotta get that selfie of Sister Whitby and I in.

Chocolate milk in a bag?

Aaaand a pretty picture of downtown Rochester. 

I asked Brooklyn to send me a couple of pictures that I could choose from to use on our family Christmas cards this year. These two were my favorites. 
 We chose this one, just zoomed in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment