Thursday, February 2, 2017

First letter from MMM, October 10, 2016

(I told Brooklyn that her MTC companion Sister Wilcox's mom and I met up for lunch. I had a wonderful time talking about our cute missionaries and being amazed at how much they had in common. I also had lots of questions and she answered most of them in the following email:)

That's great you're going to meet up with Sister Wilcox's mom! Let her know how much I love Sister Wilcox!! Will you pass along a message for her to send to her? 
"Sistaaaa Wilcoxxxx! I love you so much and it's so weird being without you! I hope the people in Wisconsin aren't missing too many teeth ;) I'm so sad that we can't email! :( Hopefully we will see each other a lot at transfers and things! I know you're already doing great teaching people with that great testimony of yours!! Love you and miss you!!!!"

The packages were waiting at the mission home for me and the sheets are amazing. We can't figure out how to turn our heat on so we're super cold in the mornings hahah it's getting pretty cold really quick. Thanks for sending me all of that! Also the food you guys sent has been so helpful since the elders in the apartment before us left nothing hahah I don't know how they lived. The apartment is soooo empty. 
The first day we got here we had some training and stuff from the AP's and mission people, I don't know what to call all of the old people haha. Then we all drove out to our areas. Rochester is about an hour and a half away from the cities. When we got there we unpacked a bit then went to the church to set up my Ipad. That's pretty much all we did on Wednesday. Since Sister Heiner wasn't in the area this last transfer we've mostly been trying to figure out what the elders have been doing haha we're mostly trying to contact the people they were teaching, but most of the people they were teaching are Cambodian and don't speak English so that's not much help. We've found a good amount of people though and taught somewhere around 14 lessons in the last 4 days which is more than some missionaries teach in a week. We've had some super cool experiences. I'll put them in my group email.
My companion is so great. She's super dedicated and hard working and makes it very easy to want to be good. She's super cute and waaaaay nice. She's from Kaysville.
My coughing has been fine. I don't cough much at night. usually only once or twice since my cold is almost gone now. My comp said she's a deep sleeper anyway. I don't think I need a prescription but I'll let you know if it gets worse. 
I'm glad stake conference went well! I knew you'd do well. That's crazy about someone knowing Elder Brklacich's mom! (I had to speak in Stake Conference and mentioned our missionary daughter leaving the MTC for Minnesota that week. A member of our Stake works with one of the Elder's in her Districts mom, and knew her son had just left too.) 
I've been super happy. I think I adjust to things very well because I just don't think about it haha. I just know that I'm here and go along with it haha. It's actually been super weird. I feel like a different person because I don't get nervous to get up and bear my testimony or give talks or anything. We had to talk at a little boy in the wards baptism yesterday and we only had about a half hour to prepare but it went well. God is definitely blessing me and helping me be more outgoing.
This is my address to send things to. Oh hey, it's my companions birthday on Friday and I want to do something nice for her but I don't know what cause it's not like i can go to the store and get her something cause she is always with me haha. Any ideas?

3820 19th Ave NW Apt# 101
Rochester, MN 55901
I love you so much!!

Sister Wilcox's mom, Michelle and I, when we met for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment