Monday, February 27, 2017

W.o.W.

Gooooood Morning!

Remember how it was supposed to snow a lot last week? It didn't snow AT ALL! It got a lot colder, but not a flake of snow hit the ground in New Brighton. Apparently other areas of the mission got almost 2 feet of snow, but we were blessed with none! I almost feel like I'm missing out, but then I remember how much I actually don't like snow and I'm super grateful this winter has been mild for me! I was super scared to come to Minnesota because everyone made it sound way colder than it actually is, so I'm happy. I love Minnesota.

This week we set a baptism date with Steeeeeeve! I'm super excited for him. He is such a nice guy and has a real desire to learn and grow closer to God and our Savior, Jesus Christ. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and we brought up alcohol and he said, "That won't be a problem. I haven't drank in 30 years." Then we brought up smoking, "That won't be a problem. I quit smoking when I stopped drinking." Then we brought up illegal drugs, "Oh that's no problem. I've never gotten into those." Then tea, "Oh no problem, I have never been a tea drinker." Then coffee, "Oh boy, that's going to be hard. I used to drink about 15 cups a day, but I've cut down to about 5 a day already so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll do it." What? This guy is awesome. So that was on Tuesday, and we saw him again on Thursday and we asked how it was going and he said, "Well I'm down to one cup a day so I'm just going to stop." He cut down to only one a day in 2 days! We told Steve that when God commands us to do something, He will ALWAYS provide a way for us to do it. We told him that he will receive help with this, and it sounds like he already has! His baptism is scheduled for March 25th, so hopefully things keep going well for him!

Well I don't really know what else to write about. We've just been doing lots of tracting, planting seeds hopefully! 

I love being a missionary and getting to bring the happiness and joy that I have from the gospel to others. Sometimes it's discouraging when no one wants to talk to you, but the little moments that we get to share our testimony with people makes it all worth it. I can't believe how blessed I am to have been born into a family that already had this knowledge of the restored gospel. So many people are not blessed with this privilege. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have each day to go out and tell people this knowledge and how it can bless their life. 

Love and miss you all!  Sorry for no pictures this week!

NO PICTURES??? We can't have that. I've gone back through some pictures she's sent me in the past so we can add some to the blog this week.  :)

I sent her a picture of our snow this morning on my way home from running errands. 
Monday, February 27th, 2017

She sent me a snapshot of their weather.....whaaaat? Where is her snow? hahaha
I read on the MMM facebook group that other areas in her mission got so much snow they had to stay inside. Brooklyn must really be praying hard for a milder winter! 

The following pictures are what she probably should be getting. 
These were taken when she was in Rochester in December.

It's hard to see in this light but there's a huge tower of snow behind her!

Cute missionaries having a little snowball fun!


Brooklyn sent me a picture showing she made meatballs from scratch and said they turned out yummy. All I can see, as a mom, is how old and rusty the pan they have to use is! I asked her about it and she said, "Yeah, most of our cooking stuff is not in the best shape." I've already ordered some silicone mats she can easily take with her to each area and place on top of whatever pans she has to use! hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment