Thursday, February 2, 2017

MinneSNOWta December 12, 2016

Send help. I'm dying, it's so cold! It got sooo cold, so quick. Holy moly. With windchill, we're pretty much in the negatives every day. Sometimes it's really hard to go out and knock door-to-door for over an hour every day in such cold weather, but something awesome always happens. Recently I have been praying to be able to be the answer to someone's prayer. Just on Saturday, we were out going door-to-door and we had been out for an hour with no success. We decided to try one more door before going back to the car. A young woman named Mahogany answered. She said we could show her the "Light the World" video. After we watched it she said it was a really good video. Then we started talking to her a little bit about it and asked if there was a time we could come back and talk more. She acted a little hesitant and said we could come back not next weekend, but the next. Before leaving we asked if it would be okay if we said a prayer with her. She started laughing uncomfortably then apologized for laughing and said we could. After the prayer she looked like she was starting to cry. She told us, "that was just what I needed. I've been going through a lot lately. I think this is a sign or something." We were able to set up a specific return appointment and we can't wait to see her again! We have recently started praying to be able to be the answer to someone's prayers and we feel like this was an answer to our prayers and hers! 

In total for last week, we got 5 new investigators! We are working so hard to build up our teaching pool and the hard work is paying off!

Funny story of the week! We were eating dinner at a member's house and their 9 year old daughter asked me if I liked school. I said, "yeahhhh I looooved school." and their 5 year old son says, "I know why you liked school!! Because of all the booooys there!!" Hahahahaha he saw right through me. I just started laughing. Then he said, "I do the eyebrow thing, and all of the girls run away from me!" And he raised his eyebrows hahahaha it was so funny. 

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long, but I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

A fun mirror at the mall. 

District nerf war!

Swinging in -10 degree weather. This was right as the snow was starting. Now there's a good 10 inches everywhere! 

Displaying IMG_8823.PNG

No comments:

Post a Comment