Thursday, February 2, 2017

Happy Day, first letter from Brooklyn! September 16, 2016

Somehow Brooklyn was able to squeeze in enough time to write a letter to us! It was such an answer to prayers to receive a letter from her telling me how well she was doing. The following is a portion of the letter she sent:

"The MTC is great. It's super busy and sometimes really stressful but it's awesome. The first day seemed longer than the last two days but we were up extra late because a girl in my district was super homesick and crying all day. When we went back to the room she broke down even more so I suggested she get a blessing.....she's seemed better the last two days. (After several blessings the poor girl ended up going home. Too much anxiety and home sickness.)

I thought I would feel homesick but after I walked away from you guys I was overwhelmed with peace and calmness. I've felt that way the whole time I've been here. (Such a relief to read!!!)

The Elders in our district are hilarious. They're all so goofy. (Yep, that's boys for ya--they're all younger than the girls!)

All six of us girls live in the same room. It's super fun. The food is pretty good but there's not many healthy options. Especially for breakfast. I usually just try to get yogurt, fruit, and milk instead of donuts, bagels, muffins, etc. (Our family tries to avoid bad carbs because of diabetes, I have it and it's hereditary.)

Oh fun fact. We had interviews individually with our branch President or his counselor. Then after those is when they called Zone leaders, District leaders, Sister Training leaders, etc. I got called as Sister Training leader so that's cool. I don't really know what that means yet though...I just know I have to go to meetings on Sunday because of it. My companion will have to pair up with the STL from the other district's companion since we'll be gone. After they called us President Hall talked to us about how we are called of God and how God has all the confidence in us and how he has confidence and how we just  need to have the confidence in ourselves. That was really cool and the spirit was so strong. I'm excited to be a STL but I feel kind of weird because I don't want the other girls to think I feel like I'm better than them. hahaha  (Good for her being humble!)

I don't really know what else to write, but I love you and appreciate the DearElder letters. (We sent her a letter every single day she was in the MTC using the DearElder service. You type an e-mail, then they print it and deliver it the next day. That way missionaries can get letters delivered to them at dinner time each day and not just through their email on P-day.)

Make sure to send my love to everyone and let everyone (family) know I'm doing well! Look up these scriptures, they're cool! 2 Nephi 31:14, 20, 21 and Deuteronomy 31:6-8."

 The sisters in her District
 Finding creative ways to talk to each other!
 He's cold! hahaha
 The goofy Elders!
The girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment