Friday, February 3, 2017

Glass eyes and puppies!! January 4, 2017

Happy New Year! Can you believe it's 2017?! I can't! Time is going by waaay too quick. Well, I'm here in New Brighton and it's so different than Rochester! I'm in the city now and it's super fun. This area is sooo much bigger than my last area so we have quite a bit more work to do and I love it. There are so many people here that we're working with and I'm so excited for all of them. 

I'm actually in a trio right now with Sister Woo and Sister Winters. Basically, it's like a party all day every day! Sister Woo is so funny and Sister Winters is great! 

Now for a few stories from the week!

One day we went to an apartment to try to find a less active member. We buzzed her number on the call box and got let in. We went to her apartment door and a super sweet guy, Lee came to the door. He told us that Lisa doesn't live there anymore. Lee has some mental disabilities and I would say he has the mentality of about a 10 year old. He was so nice to us and let us show him a video about Jesus Christ and he really liked it. We asked if he'd like to come to church with us and he said yes because he would really like some friends! He couldn't come this Sunday, but is planning to come next Sunday. At the end of the conversation he goes, "I have a glass eye. Wanna see?" and just popped out his glass eye! It was so gross/cool. hahaha

The next story is super cool. So this member signed up to feed us dinner last night, but none of us knew who he was or anything. We tried calling him a few times to see what time he wanted us to come, but he didn't answer. So we decided to just stop by. We go to his address, and it's actually just the address of a trailer park and it didn't say which trailer was his. We tried calling a few people in the ward to find out if they knew, but no one was answering! Finally we got a hold of someone and they described to us where his trailer was. We went and when I was trying to park, this other car went right in front of me so I had to back up to park somewhere else, but when I put the car in reverse, it wouldn't go into reverse. We didn't know what to do so we just kept trying different things, but nothing was working. Then a guy came out of the trailer that is the members and helped us push the car back and park it. Sister Winters asked him if we could come in for a minute and he said yes. We went in and met his teenage daughter. They are from Honduras and didn't speak much English. We showed them a video about Jesus Christ and they really liked it. We were able to talk to them in Spanish a little bit, but not very well. Luckily, I know how to ask if we can send Spanish speaking missionaries to their house so I asked them and they said yes! It turns out that the member who we were supposed to eat with lives there but wasn't home or something. We don't really know what happened. While we were in the house I said a silent prayer asking Heavenly Father to help the car work correctly. When we left we tried putting it into reverse again and sure enough, it worked!! This was definitely a miracle! I think the car wasn't working so we would have a chance to meet Alex and his daughter. 

Also, we ate at a member's house for New Year's Eve and had toooons of authentic Mexican food! But the best part, was they had 4 tiny puppies that we played with the whole time! They were the size of my hand and I loved them so much! I'll include some pictures in this email!

During this new year, set some goals for yourself to become more Christlike and to be the kind of person you want to be! It's going to be a great year. This gospel is true and I love it with all my heart. 


One of the cute puppies!

Sister Woo and I with a puppy


No comments:

Post a Comment