Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Plague, September 29, 2016

Hello Everyone!!! 
It has been another eventful week at the MTC! Last Friday we got our flight plans! We leave the MTC at 3:50am Wednesday morning and fly out at 8:33am and arrive in Minneapolis at 12:09pm. I'm so excited to start this next chapter of my mission and get out into the real world! It's so crazy to think that this time next week I'll be in Minnesota! I hope it's not too cold there yet. I'm definitely not ready for the cold!

I still haven't been able to fall asleep before 11:30 but one of my companions got sick on Sunday so I had to stay back with her and got a nice nap. Then the next day she felt better and I was sick! So we got some more great naps! Haha! We had to miss out on some class time and a devotional but the sleep was very much needed. Today I woke up with a cough and my voice sounds so raspy and hilarious. I'm just glad I don't feel physically sick or drained anymore. The sickness started last week with an Elder in my district, then a Sister in my district got in, then my companion, then me. Your common cold spreads like the plague here at the MTC. 

Sadly Elder Hoiland went home yesterday. It was so heart breaking seeing him leave after putting so much work into coming back out over the last year. He really wanted to stay out, but he fulfilled his missionary purpose by helping our whole district become closer to Christ. He knows that the Lord will still accept his service. He brought our whole district together in so many ways it feels like a huge part is missing now. We had some good crying sessions with the whole district a couple of nights. I know that he will continue to do amazing things in his life. He has such a strong spirit and testimony.

The Spirit here is still so strong! Yesterday we taught our "investigator" Arisa and she told us she didn't know if she was feeling the Holy Ghost. So we read Moroni 9:3-5 with her and I invited her to pray out loud and ask Heavenly Father to testify to her that the Church is true and to help her know that she's feeling the Holy Ghost. After she prayed we let her sit quietly for as long as she wanted until she felt like she got an answer. She said that she felt peace and a good feeling in her chest. We told her that was Heavenly Father answering her prayer. She committed to being baptized as well so that's exciting! I can't wait until I get to teach real people about this amazing Gospel!!

So much goes on here everyday it's hard to keep the days straight and remember everything I want to put in these emails! This past week went by so quick. I feel like just yesterday was my first P-Day! I'm a little nervous to leave this little MTC bubble of spiritualness but I'm soooo stoked! I just want to share a couple of scriptures that were super powerful to read!
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good couragefear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, 
he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 

The Lord will never fail us. He will always find a way to help us in every aspect of our lives.

If you need something to read, 2 Nephi 31 is a great choice! The whole chapter is so powerful, I highly recommend it! 

I'm sorry my emails are so short! Hopefully I have more time and cool experiences to share when I get to Minnesota! I love you all very much! 
So I can't figure out how to send the pictures not in a drive link, so I think you all will have to request to see them then I'll approve it sometime... haha sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment