Thursday, February 2, 2017

No comprendo... November 14, 2016

Hello hello everyone! 

Another week down, first transfer down! Today we found out about transfers that will take place on Wednesday. Sister Heiner is leeeeaving me! Noooooo. My new companion's name is Sister Whitby. I briefly met her when I got here and she seems really fun!

Lot's of interesting things happened this week. We tracted into a guy who only spoke Spanish and were able to show him a Spanish video about Christ and ask him in Spanish if we could send the Spanish speaking sisters to his house and he said yes! We also set up a day and time and got his number with my very limited knowledge of Spanish words. (Thanks to a few of my friends for teaching me some Spanish!)

We got to kick a guy out of a less-active woman's house! We visit this lady very often and she is way too nice. She lets her "friends" (usually guys who have just gotten out of prison) stay with her. The worst part is, while they stay there, she lets them have her bedroom and she sleeps on the couch. Long story short, this guy had a place to stay but he wouldn't leave because it was free living with her and he got free food and everything. He was really taking a toll on her and we knew he had to go. So, my companion and I kicked him out of her apartment. We felt pretty cool. 

We have started teaching a less-active Cambodian lady so that she can work towards going to the temple. On Thursday, she made us Cambodian food! It was so good! It was a chicken broth with a whole chicken leg in it and radishes. The other thing was rice with pretty much beef and broccoli, but cauliflower instead of broccoli. It was super good! 

Our ward boundaries also got realigned this week! Our area was already the smallest area in the mission, and it just got about half the size! Should be fun! Haha!

This week we had our first formal lesson with our investigator Jennifer. When we got to the appointment she told us she had been having a hard day and wanted to reschedule. I asked if we could still come in and share a message to help uplift her. She accepted and we taught a lesson that was definitely guided by the Spirit. She told us that she didn't have faith in Christ or in God. She told us that because of things that had gone wrong in her life she didn't think there was a God. When she said that I felt the Spirit speak through me and tell her that God loves her and knows her. I also told her that God has given everyone agency and he can't take that away. So when we're affected by things other people choose to do, it's not God trying to make our life harder. I also told her that God allows trials to happen so that we can turn to Him for help and grow closer to Him. God isn't just sitting up in heaven choosing what will go wrong in our life next. He's not like that. He is our loving Heavenly Father. By the end of the lesson Jennifer's attitude had changed. She was crying and seemed more open to God. I'll let you know next week if we get to see her again! 

The Gospel is true! I love you all so much! Have a good week!

Here is a picture of my district, I don't know what's going on hahah. 

And here's some cool chalk art that we've done through out the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment